Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Beginning of the End in Austin

The beginning of the end in Austin has begun and I've started crossing things off the bucket list:
  • Been to multiple new restaurants and venues in Austin, including a concert at Stubbs, La Zona Rosa, and The Backyard.
  • RGV & South Padre Island happened last weekend where I said a prolonged goodbye to a UMass bestie.
  • The Grove last night where I had an awesome dinner with awesome people under the awesome Austin evening sun.
Plans are in the works to make Schlitterbahn and brewery/winery tours happen and karaoke is booked for later in July.

Work-wise, the month of June has been productive but non-stop.  As there's only one (very busy) week left, the reality that come July 1st I have one month to pack this apartment, say goodbye to all the people I've grown to love here, and say goodbye to this city itself is becoming more and more apparent.  What's also becoming more apparent is the fact that though I will have a bit more time to watch TV and movies and exercise with my Wii in July, I need to sell my TV and that means I lose my DVR and Wii-playing capabilities for a while.  Luckily I can watch movies on my computer and many TV stations stream their shows, though often a week later.  I really need to open a Hulu Plus account.  And motivate myself to exercise despite the lack of Just Dance 3.

Things are moving very fast and many memories are being made and pictures are being taken (except when my battery empties - not even is low, the screen actually said "battery empty") and the end of Austin has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment