Monday, August 2, 2010

Driving Day 1

The New England chapter of my life has officially closed. At 8:10 this morning, I put the last bag in the truck, gave each cat a long head scratch, and locked the door behind me. Yes, there were tears. Yes, there is excitement. And a pretty loud rendition of bittersweet symphony playing in my head.

There's really not much to say about the drive, as 550 miles of highway isn't really that exciting. The 90 minute construction delay sucked. But driving through cow pastures and corn fields and rolling mountains was rather relaxing.

Oh and a shout out to Dan Mazella aka Bat Dan for helping load the moving truck Saturday. We definitely couldn't have done it without you! And to Kayla Falco for keeping the cats fed, hydrated, and played with while my 'rents are gone.

That's all I got!

No comments:

Post a Comment